Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Jingle Belles/Mojo Monday card

Good afternoon! Since we are on day #2 of rain , I thought I would finally play along with some of my fav blog challenges, Jingle Belles and Mojo Monday. Over at Jingle Belles, June Houck is the guest belle and she has a clever prompt for us this week.Her challenge is for us to make a card that is either red OR green but not both! Hmmm, I thought this would be easy-peasy! But when I started searching through my stash I couldn't beleive how much of paper has both colors in it!!! But , luckily, I started buying 6X6 paper pads for cardmaking and I had one by Basic Grey called Nordic Holiday that had some really nice red papers.
So here's what I came up with......





No green here!! yay! I don't know if I've tried the red-grey combo for Christmas cards before, but I'm super pleased with this card! I used A Flourish stamp set  called Sentimental Christmas for outside greeting and the gift box ( from a Recollections set) was embossed in shimmery white embossing powder. The ribbon is from Stampin' Up!, as well as the cardbase in Basic Grey.

I used the sketch from Mojo Monday for inspiration........



So that's my card for those challenges---- thanks for stopping by my blog today!!
Have a great day!!!


4 comments:

  1. GREAT take on the MOJO sketch! I love the fun layers and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you created with the sketch ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, it's surprisingly tricky, this "red OR green" lark, isn't it?! but in a GOOD way b/c it makes us really THIIIIINK of something new. like, for example, red and *GREY* with a bit of bright white...♥♥♥! i think this might be my new FAVORITE holiday color palette, miss candy, and i'm soooooo glad you've shown me how cool it can be! (ps: completely AWESOME job on the MM sketch as well, you have SO ROCKED that thing!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candy, you rocked Julee's sketch, perfectly combined BG papers, and the pop of white to draw the eye simultaneously to the image, sentiment, and poinsettia is genius. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete