Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Jingle Belles : in with the new challenge Christmas cards

Hi and welcome to my blog. I have a couple of cards to share today. I'm a big fan of online shopping - no lineups and with all the great papercrafting goodies out there, the selection is amazing!! But... I have to wait until they arrive by snail mail and that can take weeks . I got some new fabulous Tim Holtz Alterations dies just before Christmas but I never got a chance to really use them. What better time than now when the ladies over at Jingle Belles are challenging us to play with our new goodies.


Here are my cards.......

 
 
I used the candles die for this card and a background stamp from Spellbinders , which I colored with my Copic markers. I loved the 3D effect I got when I added Rock Candy Crackle paint to the leaves , with glitter( all Tim Holtz products). Sooo pretty!!!! The leaves are cut with my Silhouette machine and the red flower is from Prima. The sentiment is from Flourishes stamp set called Sentimental Christmas.
 
 
 
And my second card....
 
 
 

 
I absolutely love the Tattered Poinsettia die from the  TH Alterations line. It looks great just diecut out cardstock or pretty paper but it is stunning when altered! I started out with a diecut from blue cardstock, then stamped it , inked it , distressed the edges and finally added some glaze and glitter. A jingle bell with some glitter for the center and a bit of twine and this poinsettia is all ready for this card! I stamped the base with another new TH product , Christmas Blueprints 4 .The greeting  from Whimsy stamp set ,Christmas Moments , was heat embossed in dark red.
 
 
Hope you enjoyed my cards.... thanks for stopping by today!
 


2 comments:

  1. I agree, the 3-D effect is awesome ... love those pretty candles and the background stamp frames them perfectly ... so glad you helped us bring in the new at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are definitely off to a great start for xmas 2015 missus!# sooooo totally ROCKIN' the tim with a pair of amazingly gorgeous cards! YOWZA! thanks for "bringing in the new" with us at JINGLE BELLES! :)

    ReplyDelete