Saturday, March 14, 2015

12 Tags of 2015 March Tag

Hi and welcome to my blog. I've been playing along with Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2015 ..there's so much to learn!!  Here is the March tag....

marchtag
 
 
The technique this month is about creating a background with Distress Paints and water... I just love the vibrant colors of Tim's tag.  My tag's colors are a lot more subdued... I used my Prima chalkboard paints for my backgrounds as I have only a few shades of Distress Paints  ( another thing to add to my want list!!). I used the same technique and here's what I came up with......
 
 
 
I stamped the butterfly with Stazon ink on a transparency and fussy cut it and then adhered it to the stamped image on the tag. I like it how it popped from the tag ... it adds just a little dimension. The metal embellishments and seam binding ribbon were from my stash .
 
That's my tag... looking forward to April's tag!
 
Thanks for stopping by blog today!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment