Wednesday, March 12, 2014

By the sea layout

Hi! Spring is just a week or so away and yet when I look out my window I see no signs of its arrival.... just lots and lots of snow!!! Well, at least all this cold weather has given me plenty of to tackle my stacks of photos just waiting to be scrapped! I don't often scrapbook chronologically- I just grab a photo that catches my eye and start from there. Lately, I've been starting with my layout and then I find the pic to go with it!!! Anyhoo...  I have quite a few great photos of our trip to Cape Spear ( the most easterly point in North America) to get in a that I still want to get in a layout. Here's one completed........


 
I started off with some printed kraft cardstock and then proceeded to add layers. I used a chicken wire stencil and a gel medium ( to the right side of photo, and on top) and then a gesso-d faded dots stencil on the left , some ink, some stamping , some more inked stencil and then on to the next layers. I had this cheesecloth in my stash that I added to the bottom. The tags were cut out of  kraft cardstock and printed cs and inked with a CTMH stamp set called Perfect Day... I used images from that set for the quote on the small tag , behind the photo and on the quote on the top. I tried a fishermen's knot ... hmm, don't think that will be my calling!! LOL  The anchor was cut from a SVG attic file on my Silhouette machine multiple times so that it looked like chipboard and then I inked the edges. I found a beautiful quote online... made it on my Silhouette , printed it and then cut a custom mat around it and to finish it off I stamped a boat image from the Perfect Day set in Twilight ink. A few buttons , some twine for the anchor and I'm done!!!
 
Yay... another layout finished!!!
Thanks for stopping by today.... have a great day!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment