Saturday, February 5, 2011

Wall Decor: Altered Canvas - Vintage style

Happy Saturday everyone!

 I was working on this project for a friend and I am super pleased with how it turned out! She wanted something to be feminine, and immediately I decided on a vintage style . I played around with color combos and really liked the dark  orange ( this cardstock has a shimmer to it!!!) and blues together.


I used my Cricut for the scallop rectangle and trimmed an inch off the DP to make it fit nicely inside this 12X12 canvas. The phot mat is cut just slightly bigger than a 4X6 pic and I distressed the edges after I sponged the edges. I added a mini paper clip, which I could've added another piece of ribbon or charm to it , but I thought I'd keep it fairly simple.




I started off simply inking the edges of the canvas , but then I added Glimmer Mist and it ran all the color!!!  * yikes!* , but then I had a lightbulb moment!!!! * ding*    I sanded the edges and then added a little Baja Breeze to it, as well as to the DP to balance the color scheme.




I had a this lovely flower from a package of vintage flowers ( could be Prima, but I'm not sure anymore) and the tags are odds 'n ends I had lying around. I just add some Glimmer Mist and inked the edges for an aged look. The Define Your Life  and coordinating alphabet set are amoung my favorite  sets from SU! - so perfect for scrapbooking! The bling flourish is ,again, leftover remnants from a larger set. The DP is retired SU!  and the ribbon is actually seam binding from the new winter mini ( I just love Baja Breeze).The Friends sentiment is from Vintage Vogue set.  My SU antique brads are sure getting a lot of use these days , would you believe I had them for months????


This is what it looks like with a pic ( just put one on for effect- it's not staying!!!).


Until next time..... happy crafting!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment