Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Friday Mashup #23: Back to School / Stitching


So, here's the "Mashup!" challenge:

1. Create a project with "Stitching or Faux Stitching".

2. Or Create a project for "Back To School or a Teacher Gift".

3. Or "Mash it Up!" and create a "Back To School Project with Stitching"!


Sounds like an interesting challenge! The DT have some pretty cool samples posted, you can check them out here! I decided to mashup with a back to school stitched project.


This clear stamp is from Michaels , but I have no idea what it's called!!! I stamped the books three times in Pool Party, Cherry Cobbler and Lucky Limeade and then I cut out a color section and paper pieced it together for a multicolor look. I used the masking technique for the ABC's in the corner ( hmmm... maybe I could've done that for the books!!!) The paper is from an old Imaginisce collection, whivh I matted on Cherry Cobbler cardstock and then stitched it together. I also stitched the cardbase ( non-SU kraft ) and inked the edges with Whisper White craft ink.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my Mashup!!!
Have a great one!!


7 comments:

  1. Great job Candy! I love the images you used and the color scheme. Terrific job on the stitching!

    So glad you played along with us at The Friday Mashup :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Love the images. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant card! So glad you entered the Friday Mashup with this creation. Very much a back to school card!
    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, some real stitching! I love it!! Thanks for playing along at the Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great back to school card, and stitching too. Great way to mash the challenges together. Thanks for playing along at the Friday Mashup.
    Cindy GD

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great Back to school card.. I love how you did the books and your ABC image. Great color combo too with that Pattern paper you used. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fantastic back to school card - love the colours and the books with the words within them! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete