Sunday, September 11, 2011

Recycled Scallop circle card / Happy Harmony (retired)

Hello!  Do you have scraps of paper lying around? I sure do -  and there seems to be no end to the pile in sight!!! But , oh how I love that pile !  :-) I have some diecuts leftover from a spring card class that I came across last night and thought I should put them to good use. Instead of making the same card , I tried  to change it up a bit , and here's what I came up with.....



You know what... I couldn't even find the original card I made!!!! I must've given it away already!!!  I basically layered circles on the card and then added a sentiment , using a custom made diecut from my Cricut... ohh, it was sooooo cute, I promise you!!!! Anyhoo, this card uses an old favorite stamp set of mine called Happy Harmony  which I bought during my days as a fanatically buying customer!!!! LOL  Doesn't it look so elegant inside the new embossing frame folder, Designer Frames??  I inked the sentiment in Baja Breeze and Always Artichoke and also the oval fame edges with matching inks. I lightly dabbed the rosettes with coordinating inks and added a teeny tiny pearl to each flower center. I stitched the Very Vanilla satin ribbon to the card front .  And , voila!, it's done! Ah, maybe, just maybe, someday  I'll see that scrap pile get smaller! ( ok, so that really was just wishful thinking!!!!)
Thanks for stopping by today.... have a great one!!



1 comment:

  1. This is the sweetest card! I don't remember the original, but this may be an improvement because I couldn't possible love it more :)

    ReplyDelete