Thursday, January 16, 2014

All At Sea giftbox

Good morning! Recently SVG Attic had a huge sale (I think it might still be on!!!) in which all of their cutfiles was just $1 -can you believe that!!! I bought a whole bunch of 'em and now I'm having so much fun playing with the various projects, like this giftbox from the All At Sea file.



 
I imported the file into my Silhouette Designer program.Unfortunately, the files do not automatically convert to Silhouette cutfiles so I had to convert each file ( this took up the better part of an afternoon as I had many files purchased!!!).I wasn't sure on the sizing , so I just played around and this box ended up a wee bit under 6 inches high and about 6.5 inches in diameter. It's big enough for a decent size gift but I'd had to make sure the item wasn't too heavy. I used CTMH cardstock which cuts like a dream but it's not all that sturdy and has a white core... which showed up more in this pic than in RL.
The starfish elements are from CTMH as well and because they are light , they don't weigh the lid down. I stamped an image( on a canvas tag) from Stampin' Up!'s Uncharted Territory set which I colored with my Copic markers. This box was fairly simple to make but I think I'd probably make it smaller the next time.
The svg set All at Sea has a couple of cards, a giftbox and bag - an awesome value for just a dollar!!
 
I hope you enjoyed my little project today.... thanks for dropping by today!!
Have a great rest of your day!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment