Sunday, January 4, 2015

Scrap The Boys January challenge layout


Hi all! Today is the perfect day to stay all warm and cozy inside while the wind howls and the snow is falling. I still have the kids back to school photos to scrap ... and the current challenge at Scrap The Boys is a good starting place to get at least one layout finished!  They have made some changes ( new DT members , new challenges and more so take a few moments to check them out!

 Here's the challenge for January:


 
I really like the colors and theme of this mood board. My son especially loves anything to do with cars and the GTO is his favorite but unfortunately we don't own one!!! But I did have a collection from Crate Paper called Boys Rule that fits this mood board.
 
Here's my layout.....
 
 
 
 
 
All elements are from Crate Paper Boys Rule collection. I used stencils ( The Crafters Workshop) , stamps( SU! Background Grunge and CTMH Geometric Backgrounds)  and inks to create the various elements on the base layer of cardstock and alpha stamps from CTMH ( and the quote as well) plus a few Thickers alphas were used for the title and date. A little bit of washi tape and some enamel dots ,from Prima, scattered about the page complete this layout.
The colours are more vibrant in RL but for some reason they look much more washed out in the photo---- I'm blaming all this stormy weather!! LOL
 
Thanks for checking out my blog today... have a wonderful & warm creative day!!
 

 
 

8 comments:

  1. This looks stunning Candy!! Amazing background...Thanks for playing with us at ScrapTheBoys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background looks fantastic, a great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy! I love that paper collection! I must get it myself. Thanks for playing with STBs xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great take on the challenge! I love the variety of elements you have included to make this such a masculine layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap the Boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your background! thank you so much for playing along with us this month at STB - hope to see more of your work next month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the details and layers on your background, great take on the board. Thanks for joining us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your layers!!! Thanks for playing along with STB's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant page! I love this collection, you've used it to perfection!

    ReplyDelete