Sunday, January 10, 2016

My first Jingle Belles card of 2016


Is it January 2016 already??? There's been so much going on in my life the past four months. First of all, my eldest child moved away to college in September. She is going to school nearly 900 kms from us.... and while I am so proud of my girl, it was so hard saying goodbye. School started for my two kids at home.. my baby just started junior high and my second daughter started grade 11... just one more year with her home and I'll two kids gone!!  But the biggest reason I was absent from my blog and participating in all the fun blog challenges was because after 20 years out of university, I went back to college!!! I'm working on my business degree with a focus in human resource management. This was a big life changer for me... and my crafting time has been sorely neglected. I had two weeks off during Christmas but I suddenly developed nerve damage in my left eye, leaving me with double vision ever since. Hopefully, this heals itself soon , cause its driving me crazy!!!! So that was fall 2015 for me, but it's now 2016 ( still keep writing 2015 !!!) and I hope I can find some crafting time in between my studies!

I popped on over to Jingle Belles to check out their current challenge. BTW, love,love the new JB banner!!!! The challenge is a fun way to start off the new year with a little bit of old and some new!
 I didn't buy as many new paper goodies this year as I usually do , but I did manage to find a few super cute 6X6 paper pads from American Crafts.
I love all the tones of blues in this paper collection... it's perfect for a snowy themed card..








I also used a sketch from Basic Grey that I found on Pinterest ( hmm, could that be something old ,as I'm pretty sure its an older sketch???)

BasicGrey Card Sketch | Susan Stringfellow:



So with my new paper pad and this fun sketch, I grabbed my supplies and started creating and here's my finished card........




This was a lot of fun to make and I hope I can play along  with another JB challenge soon!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today... have a great crafty day!



5 comments:

  1. holy moly a kid AND A MOM in college at the same time!!!!!! & you still find time to craft, that is *IMPRESSIVE*! well done you, on all counts, it'll be worth it! ♥♥♥ meanwhile, what a gorgeous card to start off the new year and 2016 xmas card season! so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun! :) :) :) (ps: ta for the banner shoutout, that was a fun one to make, with all that glitter and PINK!!!) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some beautiful blues ... love the wrap of twine ... so glad you started 2016 with us a jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Candy! I love the blue papers you chose, such great shades and patterns! Just popped in to say I hope you had a wonderful Christmas holiday and a very Happy New Year! Here's to a crafty 2016! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful winter card love the tags in all those gorgeous blues and the snowflake wrapped in twine. Congratulations on going back to university.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sketch is great for using these papers! I have the same pad, and made quite a few cards for last Christmas with it. Love your card! :)

    ReplyDelete