Sunday, May 15, 2011

Jingle Belles: Jolly ( and Lucky) Old Saint Nicholas

Are you ready for Santa to arrive??? It may only be mid- May but the ladies at Jingle Belles are celebrating jolly Old St. Nick, himself!! Check out Stef and Lauren's fab inspirations to get you all geared up for this week's prompt. And since JB happens to fall on Friday the 13th( hope it was super lucky for y'all!!) , the DT are randomly selecting a Lucky Guest Star for a future prompt!! Good luck to all the entries!!!!  Would you believe that I only had the teeny tinest stamp with Santa on it???  Seriously, I looked through everything I owned and I could not find any papers, embellies, stamps..... nada.....nothing!!!! But thankfully there's the trusty ole' internet to my rescue!!! I found this cute little digi stamp at Squigglefly  and I love that I can make it any size I want without losing quality!  Yay!!!

So here is my JB card..........


I printed the image on Whisper White cs and colored him with Copic markers for the hat and SU markers for the face and beard. And just because I love glitter so much, I added SU's glass glitter around Santa! The DP is from My Mind's Eye and the cs used ( from SU) was Whisper White for image and inside greeting, Crumb Cake for base ,Baja Breeze and Always Artickoke for mats. The tag is from Ikea  and the ribbon is SU. 


I used Bashful Blue for the shading on the inside mat and then I stamped the sentiment in Not Quite Navy .I originally inked Noel in Chocolate Chip , but it barely stood out against the hoilly leaf background , which I only discovered after I had stamped it!!! UGH!!!! So I just took my red marker and traced over the image so now I can see it!!!! The next time I know to test the color first!!!!
You may not be able to tell from this pic, but I embossed the green and blue mats with a Tim Holtz's Sizzix folder ( a brick wall pattern) and then I inked the edges.
So now I have a Santa card  all ready to give this Christmas   *** woot-woot** ,   or maybe I'll keep him 'cause I really liked  how the whole thing came together!!! :-)  Now that I have this digi stamp, I may play around with in different sizes to see what I can create!!!

Go check out this weeks' entries at JB!!!

Thank you for stopping by my little spot in Blogland!!!See you next time!!!!


6 comments:

  1. Candy, this is sweet! I really enjoy cards with interesting folds or shapes. Love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that fabulous glittery sparkle ... so perfect to frame your wonderful Santa ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very resourceful crafting there, missus! i ♥LOVE♥ that cool santa and the chunky glass glitter is the PERFECT accent! i also adore that amazingly cool accordian-partial fold you've got there, i will have to try that as all my cards are quite boringly symmetrical! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit I haven't tried digis yet, but they certainly come in handy it seems. You've picked a great one. I love the fold you chose for this card. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic card. The digital images sure help when you need an image. Congratulations on the Guest Designer spot. I look forward to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone!!! I am so super excited to be a Guest Designer at JB!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete