Sunday, May 6, 2012

Just For You Butterfly card

Hello , thanks for joining me today. It's a bit of a wet one here in western Newfoundland, so I'm gonna hide away in my craft room and create! I'm looking forward to nicer weather coming our way- I have lots of work to do outside! But since this rain has me inside, I thought I'd make a card that reminds me that spring is actually here , even if the weatherman says otherwise!!!


This card is made mostly using leftover scraps of paper I had lying around.  I had this 6X6 paflowerper pad from Stampin' Up! called Patterns Pack II that was a hostess set and it has seen quite a bit of use , but now that SU is retiring many of these colors ( or has already done so) I really want to use as much of it as possible! The yellow polka dot paper ( Spellbinders scallop square) is new- it's from CTMH promotional paper pack called Dotty For You. The butterfly ( from SU) was diecut on Sale-A Bration Everyday Enchantment dsp. The center flower was from  last years SAB  set :Bliss.I finished it off with a vintage brad from SU for the middle.
The stamp set is the hostess set from SU's current catty called Precious Butterflies. I thought
 this would be lovely for scrapbooking , but I can see some beautiful cards can be made as well!!!
I handstitched the Sahara Sand grid paper ( from PPII set) - and to get neat stitching lines I used SU handy-dandy little Mat Pack. This lil set is a staple in my craft room- I actually own two!!! No, it's not beacuse I love them so much but for awhile I thought I lost my original so I bought another and of course then I find my first set!!!

I"m submitting this card for a couple of challenges this week:

The first is a sketch challenge over at Paper Craft Planet ( here's the sketch)

 
I loosely followed the sketch for my card.

The second challnge blog I'm entering is for Crazy 4 Challenges. The theme is gardening / great outdoors.


So that's my card... thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

1 comment: