Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Valentines card/envelope : Grateful Greetings/ Love Impressions DSP

Good afternoon ! Yesterday we had a little bit of snow here in Westren Newfoundland, but after a day of drizzle and unseasonably warm weather , the snow is nearly all gone!! My son may have to wait for next year to try out his new tobaggon! I'm not complaining.... my friends and family in Edmonton have been hit with one of the worst snowstorms in 30 years!!!
I thought today I would play around with some ideas for my next workshop. Since Febraury is really just a few short weeks away ( reall, where has the time gone????), I decided to make a Valentine card. I must confess, I never give out Valentine cards, not even to my DH!!!! I just like all the pretty papers and the Glimmer paper from the mini is my fav!
So, here's my card and matching envelope.....

Here's what I used to make this card:
Grateful Greetings stamp set
Love Letters DSP/ Glimmer paper
Real Red/ Basic Grey/ Whisper White cardstock
Antique brads/ Rhinestone brad( non SU)
Heart / Designer Label/ small Oval punches
Real Red 1 1/4" striped ribbon
Framed Tulips embossing folder

I originally made this card with a larger heart ( diecut made with my Cricut):



Maybe my DH will get a card from me after all!! LOL

Happy Stamping!

6 comments:

  1. Both of these designs are fantastic! I love your use of the glitter paper. Isn't is just wonderful? Thanks for playing along at Create with Connie and Mary this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are just wonderful! I love how you added the antique brad! Such a great touch! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the glittery heart and the ribbon detail. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies for your kind comments! Loooking forward to next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your glitter heart just SOOO makes the card! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you use the glitter paper for it...you give it a soft touch..i will use these stamps in Gift Card envelopes.

    ReplyDelete