Friday, January 28, 2011

" Season Of Friendship" valentine card

Hi everybody, it's me again! I finally got around to making my second kids valentine card ( just one more to go!!!) and this one is for my second child. Rebecca has loved turtles since she was little and I always try to find her things with turtles on them. She's 11 now ( soon to be 12.... time sure passes by so fast!!!) and I wanted to make her a card that was not too "young" but still had turtles , cause I love 'em too! This little turtle stamp is from Whipper Snapper designs and it has a  coordinating  little sentiment stamp that says " If a turtle doesn't have it's shell, is it naked or homeless?" . Cute , but not excatly Valentines-y. :-)
This is my first attempt at masking and sponging together.... it didn't turn out too bad, although I can see I still need lots of practice! As you can probably tell from my recent posts, I really love the Glimmer paper from Stampin' Up!. It adds just the right amount of bling to my projects.... how many ways can I use it.... hmmmm.....
Anyway, here's my second Valentines card for my kids....



The picture doesn't show the cloud all that great and the chaulked coloring on the turtle looks paler than it actually is. Trust me, it's rather cute in person!!! :-)


Until next time..... happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome job!! Love the glitter! Thanks for joining us this week at Cricut Cardz Challenge! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I see something with turtles, I always think of Rebecca! I think this card is lovely. I would love to see the sentiment too...(that's my hint to send a card my way!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card, love the heart tree, great job on the challenge, thanks for playing with CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Love the glittery hearts on the tree! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete