Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year..... looking back on my first year ( well not quite a full year) with Su!


Wow, it's hard to believe that a new decade has just begun! Where has the past ten years gone? Last April I became a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator after the group I had been part of for nearly 4 years kinda went their own way. For a year I had been buying stuff from other demonstrators but that was it, so after a friend approached me to join SU!, I did! I love being a Demonstrator, although now I have a new appreciation for all the extra effort  my former Demonstrator, Tracey,  did to make her workshops run so smoothly and were fun to attend. Designing new projects each month has been a cahllenge, but designing projects for a group of ladies who were , for the most part, unfamiliar with SU! , has presented me with a new set of challenges. I must learn to teach the techniques , not merely demo them. So, the past few months I have had some high and low moments. I love introducing the products and all the possibilities that comes with them, but I have found that there are times when I feel that this is overwhelming. I met another demonstrator last fall who gave me some good advice.... she said that I didn't need to always design new and fresh ideas. It's okay to copy every now and then, just add my own touches to the projects. There are so many fantastic blogsites out there and I am constantly amazed at the talent of the SU! demonstrators I've found online. Thank you for your inspiration!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment