Saturday, March 12, 2011

Birthday Card Makeover

Welcome to Saturday! Today is the perfect day to stay inside and play around in my craftroom.... it's super windy outside ( 120km/hr!!!) . I had this card lying around my stash of old cards and to be quite honest I'm surprised I still have it! I made it over 4 years ago and I didn't even like it then!!!!I tried something different and it just did absolutely nothing for me, but I still hung on to it!!! It has survived two moves and it keeps showing up..... I decided I either must do something with it or toss it!!! Now really, how could I just throw it out now that I've hung on to it for so long, right??
Here's what I originally made.....

Okay, so it's not thaaaat bad, but it certainly isn't great, either! I can't even remember what stamp set I had used for this one, I think it was a Hostess set from SU, but not really sure. Kinda bland isn't it??


I tweaked it a little and now I'm okay with it! ( Still not lovin' it ,though!!!)

I trimmed off the cardbase and rounded the corners and added a few matching ( well, as I best I could!!) brads.

I stitched the layer to the base and repositioned the ribbon to the centre and added a small sentiment to the top tab. All in all, just a few simple changes and now this card is a keeper, until I give it away!!!!

Thaks for looking ! Until next time.........
 Happy Crafting!!



No comments:

Post a Comment