Friday, August 26, 2011

" With Love & Caring" sympathy cards


Hello stampers! I still have a day or so before hubby arrives home ( he's been gone 5 weeks!!!!) and our family takes off for a minivacation , so I'm trying to squeeze in some stamping before I go. Recently, a friend asked me to make a sympathy card for a co-worker whose wife had recently miscarried. I felt so emotional as I made these cards .... as a mother my heart ached for her loss and I hugged my babies ( they still are my babies at 14,12 and 8!)  just a little tighter as I was once again reminded of the great blessings they are in my life.




I embossed a section of the front of this card after I stamped the sentiment. I colored the image with my markers for a softer look. I ruffled a strip of seam binding and adhereed it to the vanilla mat.


This is probably my alltime favorite stamp set from Stampin 'Up! called Inspired By Nature. I sponged the flowers in Bordering  Blue and the stems were sponged in Crumb Cake and the edges were inked in Crumb Cake as well. I like how it looks like a watercolor image.

It sure feels good to know that something so simple as a handmade card can mean so much to someone , especially during such a difficult time.

Thank you for stopping by today... have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment