Thursday, February 7, 2013

Scrappin' the winter away!

Hello! As you can tell from my post title, I'm escaping winter in my craftroom, get a few more pages completed. We are in the middle of yet another winter storm ( these past two weeks we have had so much snow -then rain-then snow!!! Plus super high winds!!!). I 'm glad I don't have to be out in this terrible weather - and what better reason do I need to hide away in my cozy craftroom???

Here's the pages I've got finished so far......

 
This page uses just about a little bit of everything .... buttons, doilies, K&Co embellishments, flowers, brads, journalling tags and a Hiedi Swapp cutfile ( word "enjoy"). The wood grain paper and the damask strip are from a Recollections 12X12 paper pad. There's so much in this paper collection - I may run out of uses for it!!!
 

 
I loved this printed kraft cardstock  and I really didn't want to cover it up. I saw a similar layout on Pinterest that I wanted to case... with a few of my own touches. I used some stamps for the mini banners on the top and the "hello life" is a CTMH stamp, inked in Honey. The stickers are also from CTMH- they are neutral colored and can be painted or inked , but I like them just the way they are. I machine stitched then to the paper .... oh, I love that technique!!! Not only does it ensure my staickers stay on ( they always seem to fall off!!!) , but it looks pretty cool too!! The strips of paper are all leftovers that I  trimmed and inked with CTMH Cocoa ink.
 
 

 
Finally, this layout started off as something else entirely, but then I started pulling out pics and I couldn't find any that suited it! So I printed my own custom size pics with my HP printer - I think these are all 3X3 , whichI trimmed to fit inside these neat little Studio Calico polaroid frames. The title is made with Thickers. I stamped some travel images from CTMH 's  Cruisin' Workshop.
The circles double-sided paper is old,old American Crafts... I still love all  those bold pops of color !!!
 
 
Okay, I really don't mind all this yucky weather... if I can keep scrappin'!!!
 
Thanks for stopping by today..... have a great rest of your day!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment