Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Graduation Card with Kenny K digi stamps and Copic markers

Hi all! Today I'd like to share a card I made for my sweet niece who will be graduating next month! I used a digi image from Kenny K designs and colored with my Copic markers---- it's been such a long time since I used them, it took some time to get the shading techinques down!!

Here is the stages of coloring....

 
I almost always start with coloring the face / skin.
 
 
 
I didn't want just plain balck so I used several shades of grey tones to get this look. A nice chocolate brown for the eyes ( to match my niece's gorgeous eyes!).
 
 
Next, it's on to the gown accent colors and hat and diploma, and hair, of course.

 
Finally, I outlined the entire image with a light shade of grey.

 
Here's the final product. I used papers from a mini DCWV and Stampin' Up! cardstock. The  word "congrats" was made my Silhouette using a font from my computer. The bling is from Zva ... 'cause every girl deserves a little bling!!!! :) Oh, I almost forgot to say that I imported the  grad gir limage to my Silhouette software so I could make a custom size mat for the digi image---- way easier than cutting it out by hand!!
 
So that's my card for my niece..... inside holds a little pocket for a special gift!
 
Thanks for looking  and I hope the rest of your days is super-fab!!!
 
 
 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment