Friday, August 8, 2014

dream big layout

Hi all!!! This month over at Scrap the Boys , they are asking us to scrap what makes our guy tick.... to profile them. Well, when it comes to my son, that is easy---- anything to do with engines, cars,etc!!! He's 11 years old and al he thinks about , dreams about and mainly all he talks about is cars , engines or something related to it! I snapped a whole bunch of pics of him at a recent car-bike show , knowing one day I'd actually get around to scrapping  them! Here's my layout.....


 
I started off with this fun patterned paper from DCWV called The Generation Stack- it's mainly aimed at texting, gaming but I think it worked well for this layout. I used some embossing paste and a chevron stencil for the sides and then colored them with a green Gelato pigment stick. The polka dot  paper is also from that collection- I just inked it up with oranges and blues inks. .I made my own polaroid frame and stamped a sentiment from CTMH Maximum Power stamp set on it. The "right now " stamp is from Heidi Swapp ( for the journaling pocket) and of course, I used my favorite AC Thickers for the title. A few Basic Grey embellishments and this page is done!! Really, a simple and quick layout!
  That's my layout -- hope you liked!!! Go check out Scrap the Boys blog for more ideas and inspiration!
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog today---- have a creative day!!
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Love the colours and your layers. Thanks for playing along with STB's

    ReplyDelete
  2. That racingtrack design lookes great! Very boyish page, well done! Thanks for joining in at Scrap the Boys this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layout. Love all the elements you have added to your page. Boys and their toys hey?! ;) Thanks for playing along with STB. S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool take on the challenge, love the chevrons in the background. Thanks for playing along with STB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the pops of bright colour and the use of the chevron stencil. A fun layout! Thanks for playing along with us at STB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool design, great photo! Thanks for playing with us at Scrap the Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is a super cool page! Love your chevron stencilling!
    Thanks for playing along with us at STB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photo and an awesome boy page!!

    ReplyDelete