Friday, January 9, 2015

A winter visitor layout

Hi and welcome to my blog! Today is another wintery stormy day here on the southwest coast of Newfoundland.... three storms in one week, and it's only early January!!!! Oh well, at least I can stay inside and get some more scrapping done!!  For this layout I'm playing along with the current sketch over at Sketchablities.





 
 
 
 
Here is my interpretation of the sketch........
 
 
 
 
I snapped this photo of a young moose in our front yard last winter ... we often see moose munching on birch trees but they generally run away at the first sound. Not this guy, he kept on munching till he had his fill and then casually strode away, even looking back a few times. That's when I got this photo.... you can't see my dog, but he was in the window looking out and barking - loudly!
 
I followed the sketch as much as possible.For my base layer,I used a sheet of snowy patterned paper from Stampin' Up! which I then  stenciled , inked and stamped , using the sketch as a guide. I created the photo mat out of scrap Glitz Design papers - more distressing and inking here, too. I cut branches from  an online file from Silhouette from brown cardstock . I inked it with Tim Holtz Gathered Twigs ink and then a coat of clear Crackle paint (Tim Holtz) was applied over each branch. I used the relief of the branch cut out to stencil some branches throughout the layout. A layer of Faber Castell Glass Bead was added before all those other layers. To finish off the page , I added a title using Thickers alphas.
 
 
 
That's my layout... hope you enjoyed it.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today..... have a wonderful creative day!
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. nice layout ! Thanks for playing along with Sketchabilities

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous take on the challenge #130 Candy, love the elements used and the colour combo:)
    TFS Angie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love winter visitors! Thanks for playing along at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete