Monday, January 5, 2015

The holidays are over... back to scrapping!

Hi ,welcome to my blog! The kids are back to school, hubby is at work and now I have a some time to get things done! I've been trying to get caught up on my kids scrap books .... my oldest daughter graduates this year, and I'm still working on her school album! Here's a few more I got finished....



 
 
I purchased several paper stacks at an awesome price last summer while I was at Michaels ... most of them were Crate Paper , which I used for this layout. I stenciled with a couple of different stencils in shades of Tim Holtz distress ink before adding strips of handcut paper and some tags made out of Prima journaling notecards. Lots of Petaloo flowers, Prima resin frame and chipboard accents , and gemstones. a few random buttons and a Heidi Swapp acrylic sticker for the small title and small heart. I may go back and add a larger title later on.... maybe !
 
 
 
 
I started off this layout with a woodgrain paper from My Mind's Eye and then added words from a Prima 12X12 stencil in random places. I spritzed with Prima Color Bloom in Tea Stain but it looks more gold to me and then added some polka dots (gesso) before splattering the whole layout with watered white paint. Most of the embellishments on this layout came from Teresa Collins, with the exception of the large flower ( Michaels) and sequins ( unknown source).
 
 
 
And my last layout features my daughter and her honours report card last year.
 
 
 
This layout used up some older papers from a Recollections school line that I've had for at least three or fours years now! It's almost all gone now! I just added some black gesso for the chicken wire stencil (The Crafters Workshop) , more inking on the base layer, a mini bag for hidden journaling( stamped with CTMH stamp), a Thickers title and bits and pieces of papers and even recycled cardboard from my stash. Pretty easy!
 
 
Those are my layouts.... thanks for looking!
Have a great day!
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment