Thursday, January 15, 2015

12 Tags of 2015.... my first ever TH inspired tag

Hi and welcome to my blog! As you may have already guessed , this blog post is about my first ever Tim Holtz inspired Tag . Mixed media has become a major part of my scrapbooking style and I've even begun to venture into canvas and other  forms of mixed media art. I've been following the 12 Tags series for awhile but this is my first ever tag!! Check out Tim Hotlz's blog for an awesome tutorial and check out all the cool tags that have been submitted. But first here's my tag..........



 
 
I didn't have all the products that Tim used so I made do with what I had on hand. First, I made my tag out of beige cardstock and then crinkled some vintage print paper ( Stampin' Up!), sprayed it with water and then adhered it to the tag. I then added layers - lots of them, using distress paints, inks and sprays . Water was spritzed in between layers to blend the colors . I then added a layer of Rock Candy crackle paint and over that a coating of dry glitter over the entire tag. After it had dried , I used a bit of black gesso and a TH clockwork stencil . I followed the tutorial for adding glitter and glossy accents to letters - I used some old chipboard numbers and CTMH letters.  I had a sheet of word blocks that represent some of my goals for 2015. I used a graphite pencil in black to shade around the words and then with my aquabush, I smudged it for a softer look. A few embellishments ,sequins, and a bit of ribbon, tinted with distress stains, and finally, a bit of inking on the edge and my tag is done!
 
 
 

 
Here's some of the products I used to create my tag.
 
I'm looking forward to the next tutorial!!!
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment