Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Altered tag Birthday card

Good morning everyone! I thought I'd share this card I made last week.I was playing around with my stash of embellishments and I came up with this altered tag. Nothing too fancy, just a K& Company chipboard tag with some funky ribbon and a paper flower. The flower center is more shapes form K & Co. .... I have this really cute tin full of them just sitting in a drawer!!!





I treid a sponging technique with my Tim Holtz blending sponges but personally, I find the plain ole' cheapo sponges from Stampin' Up! easier to use! Plus I can cut the sponge into wedges and get 4 instead of one!!! I think I'll keep these sponges for blending alcohol inks only.
Anyhooo....... the card base is inked in Always Artichoke and Daffidol Delight and I embossed the bottom strip with a border embossing folder from Sizzix. The stamped image is from SU 's  Watercolor Trio set.
All in all, a pretty simple card! Thanks for looking!  Have  a great day!!!!

So until next time.... happy crafting!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! The sponging adds so much warmth and I love the subtle debossing at the bottom...it mimics the softness of the sponging. Genius :)

    ReplyDelete