Saturday, January 21, 2012

Art Philosophy : shaped cards

Good evening,and thanks for dropping by my blog! I'm still playing around with my Art Philosophy cartridge  and I am even more pleased to finally have my Gypsy and Cricut imagine updated!!! It took forever and I don't know how many attempts before it finally worked ( living in a very rural area = very slow internet service!!! **ugh!!**) ,  but now it's all up to date ** big smile** I'm also on a kick of making different shaped cards , here are some I've made so far....

The shape is from the card feature and is cut at 5 " by 4 1/4".  The mat is 1/4 " smaller. The birthday greeting is from the bargain bin at Michaels ( love all those cute stamps I find there!!) I got those gorgeous Prima flowers from Two Peas In a Bucket online store. The ribbon is also from Michaels. The lacey circle die is a Spellbinders die, which I shaded with River Rock ink and the setiment is stamped in Always Artichoke.

This is my fav card shape on this cartridge, I've already made several from this shape in different sizes.


This is a pretty easy card ... just some Crushed Concord cardstock cut in card shape in the standard A4 size. I really like the bracket shape on the edge , you could use this feature for portrait or landscape cards.

The butterfly was cut in Perfect Plum and the layer was cut in So Saffron. The ribbon is  matching in So Saffron taffeta ribbon from SU and the sentiment is from the set Warm Words. The metal label is from Hodgepodge hardware embellishments set ( retired, but I have 4 tins to use !!!).

Thanks for looking and I always read and  appreciate every comment!





No comments:

Post a Comment