Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Silhouette Grad card

Hi all! Wow, 2 posts in 2 days- that must be a new record for me!!! I still have too much to do but I was asked to make a few grad cards for a friend who's daughter is graduating from high school this June so I just had to spend time in my craftroom!! :)

This is the first one I've made...



 
I've seen several versions of this style card on Pinterest and Splitcoast and I knew I had to make my own. I made my card a 5.75" square which I found to a bit too big for the cap and gown alone, so I added a custom strip- courtesy of my Silhouette and sketch pens. I purchased a grad cap/diploma background cutfile from the Silhouette online store , but used a green glitter pen to draw it  instead of cutting it out. It's hard to see in this pic , but it really does a nice subtle touch to the card front, trust me! I made a little diploma and adhered it to the front. The sentiment is from CTMH's Kudos set. The letters were made with the Silhouette as well, using a compueter font.
 
  Now, here's the inside....
 
 
This is a quote I found online and imported into  SD software and then converted to a cutfile..... really simple,too!! I absolutely love Dr. Seues quotes .... they suit any occasion, especially milestones like graduating. The mini grad cap is also from the Kudos stamp set. I cut this out in green and adhered it to black cardstock and then glued all those centers in each letter! It took me awhile to complete, but I love the effect!!
 
I'm entering this card over at Shopping Our Stash for their anniversary/graduation challenge.
 
That's one grad card done, now I'm off to get the others finished!!! Thanks for stopping by!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great card with a wonderful sentiment! Love it!

    ReplyDelete