Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Luxury Handbags- made of paper,of course!!

Hi all! Hope you're enjoying these last few days of summer. the kids are back to school next Wednesday- I can't believe that I have one going to grade 11, grade 9 and grade 5- where has the time gone??? The one good thing about back to school is that I can start getting on routine , including spending some time on my poor neglected blog! I had the best of intentions to blog regularily this summer, but it never seemed to work out!!!  Lately I've been browsing through the tons of posts on Pinterest looking for some inspiration and whatya know , I found some!!! I found a link for a really awesome haunted house (BTW, I love decorating for fall/Halloween!!!!) which was a cutfile over at SVG Cuts and while there I found a few more cutfiles to add to my collection. I really love this set already!! I've made a few already and even made matching cards !!! Take a look.....




 
The first set is a Hobo style purse made using some retired Stampin' Up! dsp , fabric brad and br ribbon. The sentiment is a CTMH set called Joyful Birthday, inked in Momento Tuxedo Black ink.
The front of the purse has a little pocket, perfect for a mini note or giftcard.
 
 
 
The next set took me a little longer to create.....

 
This is the beach tote , but you can decorate it to suit any occasion. It's the perfect size for scarves, wine, etc.  Just make sure to make your handles secure enough to handle the weight of your gift. Again, there's a little pocket on the front, which is just right for my matching note card. I stitched all the sides and used old Making Memories grommets for the loops for the handles. This bag used 4 sheets of cardstock and two sheets of dsp .
 
They were all cut out on my CRicut using my SCAL program, but you can import them to your Silhouette Designer program as well- you just need to convert the files to a Studio file.
 
How stinkin' cute are they!!! With four different purses, a giftcard holder and purse card in this set, you can let your imagination go crazy and create gorgeous purses - which are sooooo much cheaper than buying designer handbags ( although that's tons of fun, too!!!)

Anyhoo, I hope you enjoyed my purses today.... thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of your day!!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Your matching purse and card sets are wonderful! I would love to receive a gift in one of these. Really love the hobo style purse and the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete