Sunday, July 13, 2014

Peace wishes .... a July Christmas card

Hi all! I hope you're enjoying a beautiful summer day .... we've had a lovely summer so far, which means I spend more time at the beach than I do in my craftroom these days! That's okay , 'cause I know our warm weather is short lived here so I'm gonna take advantage of it as much as possible. I did  find some time to browse around  some of my favorite challenge sites and was super pleased to see two of them team up for a great challenge!! Jingle Belles and Shopping Our Stash have an awesome challenge for us .....


"Isn't that a fantastic idea? Yep, we think so, too! So in honor of this special event, we've got a special "two-fer" challenge for you. Here's what to do:

1. Make a holiday card that uses something from your stash 
which is at least a year old.
2. Post the card on your blog or gallery, and be sure 
to tell us what your older stash item is.
3. Link your card at the bottom of this ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ post 
and also at this Shopping Our Stash post.
4. Check back at both blogs on July 17th to see if you've won 
one of the lovely prizes! (More on that in a minute!)"  - from JB blog
 
And they have a prize to be won- wot-woot!!! So be sure to check out both blogs .Here's my card:
 
 
 
 
So this card has nothing new on it.... the papers( Basic Grey Nordic collection) , stamps ( Deep Red Poinsettia Bloom),rhinestones ( Prima), Thickers ( American Crafts) and doily are all from my stash of at least a year old!!! The only thing that isn't old is the Gelatos(blue) that I used to shade in my poinsettia, but even the embossing powder is old ( probably at least 4 years old!!!!). What a fun challenge and I'm super happy to be using items from my stash.... gotta make room for new stuff,right???
 
So that's my JB and SOS card... hope you enjoyed! Thanks for stopping by!!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. What a stunning poinsettia ... and those Basic Grey papers are still one of my favorite winter collections ... so glad you shopped your stash with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy WOW miss candy, what an amazing holiday card! brilliant and perfect use of a combination of lots of older things, but making them look completely new and utterly FAB!!! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us at JINGLE BELLES! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete