Sunday, July 6, 2014

Mojo Monday card.... at the very last minute!!!

Good Sunday afternoon bloggers! As you can probably tell from my post title , I'm posting my Mojo card with little time to spare!!! I actually started my card a few days ago but then life got in the way ( yup, it seems to be doing that lots lately) and so I only just finished it and getting it here. Check  out Mojo Monday for details and lots of great inspiration.

Here's this week's sketch:
 
 
And here's my card......
 
 
I used Authentique papers for everything but the base which was CTMH Juniper cardstock.
The sentiment is a CTMH set called Card Chatter-Sympathy. I like the sentiments of this set and I think they can be used for more than sympathy- the inside of this card reads:" Just a little prayer that God will keep you in His care". I used Memento Rich Cocoa ink for the sentiement inside and out and Prima fluid chaulk inks for some edges.
I made a doily from a cutfile purchased online and cut with my Silhouette and while I was at it , I cut a circle ,too. Nice and easy! The chicken wire details were made with a Crafters Workshop stencil and crackle paste from Golden. I distressed everything with my new favorite tool, the Prima distressing tool. If you don't have this handy-dandy tool in your stash , get one!! It's so versatile- this lil' gem has a sanding surface , a distressing tool, a bone folder and a metal brush ( yup, metal) for really cool effects on your photos or papers. Best investment I've made in a long time!!
 
Well that's my card.. hope you enjoyed it! Thanks for stopping by today!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment