Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Silhouette Cameo dust cover - Pinterest inspired

Hi all! Like so many people all around the world, I have totally become obsessed with Pinterest - there is just so much to explore on that site!! I recently found a Pin for a tutorial on how to make your own dust cover for the Silhouette Cameo machine. I know, you can buy them pretty cheap from the Silhouette store , but the  crafter in me really wanted to make my very own. This lady has easy to follow instructions with lots of great pics ,too! You can check out her blog for details.

Here's my nearly completed dust cover:


I used fabric from last year's SAB from Stampin' Up! --- I didn't have enough of the pink  to make the entire cover , so I used a contrasting fabric for the end and the trim. I then pulled out my Cricut ( kinda ironic,eh??) to make the applique owl. I used the Wild Card 2 cartridge and bits and pieces of leftover fabric for all those cute layers.I first used heat'n'bond for all the layers and then heat set them together and on the cover.but then I wanted to make sure this little owl would be durable ( the bond is not washable) so I sewed it onto the cover. I just love it so much!!!

Now , I just have to applique my name and it will be finished!!!
This was so simple to make and fun too!! So if you've  been wanting a dust cover , get some cute fabric and start creating!! I'm already planning to make some for my other Cricut machines.

I hope you enjoyed my project today.... thanks for stopping by ! Have a great day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment