Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Cousins layout

Hi and welcome to my blog!  One of my most important tools for scrapbooking is to start with a good sketch . It gets my ideas flowing and helps me complete my pages so much quicker than if I started  from scratch! I used this great sketch from Kreative Concepts for my layout dedicated to my DD and her youngest cousin, who spent several weeks with us last summer.


Check out the sketch :



Sketch Challenge #28
 
 
 
 
 
 
I already had my photo of the girls printed so I went with just one for this layout. take a look.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
I started with a paper from Recollections ( Michaels brand) called Portobello Road
 
 
This is beautiful collection of subtle hues of blues, browns and creams with glitter treatments on several of the papers. For my layout I used a bluish green page that had a subtle script. For a pop of color and to follow along with the sketch, I stamped hexagons in a variety of oranges, browns and blues . I used Honeycomb Flair from CTMH - this was a set I bought when I was still a Demo but it hadn't seen ink until now!! I love all the patterns that come in this set... so much versatility!!! I also stamped a mini title on the side with another fav CTMH set called All the Details- Everyday Life. My larger title was created using two sets of Thickers and for a bit of interest . I splattered ink from October Afternoon  Sprinklers in Crepe Paper and paper Doily. These inks are so rich in color that even the white pops out  clearly from a page! To finish off my layout I adhered some sequins (Prima) and that's it-my page is finished!! I love that it took under half an hour from start to finish for this layout!
 
I hope you enjoyed my layout ... thanks for dropping by my blog today! Have a wonderful creative day!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment