Sunday, November 21, 2010

Altered Canvas : Stampin' Up! vinyl and Cricut

Good morning! Well , last weekend it was a sunny 12 degrees ( celius) and absolutely no snow! Today we have about 3 inches of snow on the ground and it's still snowing! That's life in Newfoundland !!!
All this snow really puts me in the Christmas mood, my son has been begging me to bring out our Christmas village. So this snowy afternoon seems like the perfect day to start it! But before I do, here's today's post. I love combining my Cricut and SU! to make projects. Usually it's cards but this time I thought I'd try to make something a little different. Hope you enjoy!


Originally , I wanted to use these ornaments for my wall. They are  from a cutfile I purchased from Peppermint Creative , but once I had the first layer cut I felt it was too small for my wall. But I just had to put the vinyl to use, so here is my project! This is a 12X12 canvas, inked with Old Olive and  Kiwi Kiss on the edges only and Ruby Red and Holly Jolly DSP for the photo mat. I pulled out my BigShot for the tags , the stamped image behind the Peace is non-SU!. The ribbon is SU! taffeta . The vinyl is cut out with Stampin' Up! Real Red vinyl. Let me tell you , this  is the best vinyl I've used. It's  not too flimsy and it really adheres well to a variety of surfaces. I already purchased all of the colours available! I plan on making a variety of canvases for an upcoming craft sale. Oh, and the ribbon actually came from a package of pj's!!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Very cool project - love that you included a photo. Definitely a home decor project that can be enjoyed by the whole family. So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete