Saturday, November 27, 2010

Christmas altered canvas project/ Stampin' Up! vinyl

Happy Saturday! Today I thought I'd post another altered canvas I made. This is for a friend to give as Christmas gift. I have to tell you , I just love the vinyl from SU!..... it's amazing to work with and they have so many fantastic colors to choose from! It cuts beautifully and applies so smoothly... if you're looking for some good quality vinyl at a reasonable price, check out SU!
Anyway, here's the canvas ( the scallop squares will hold  4X4 pics).....
The sentiment is from Season Of Joy.... seriously getting a lot of use outta that cartridge! The ornaments are a cutfile I purchased from Peppermint Creative. I used Night Of Navy, Whisper White,Real Red, Certainly Celery, Pretty In Pink and Rose Red vinyl for the ornaments. This is a 12X12 stretched canvas, painted with chocolate brown acrylic paint. Cordinating colors for the photo squares and this project was completed in under 2 hours!!
Here's a close up of the ornaments and greeting. The Cricut cuts this vinyl without snagging and tearing... even the smaller sized images.


No comments:

Post a Comment