Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Just scrappin'........

Hi all! Oh, how I miss Crop Nights with my girlfriends!!! There is nothing like spending hours chatting, snacking and scrapping with good friends, is there???!!!  My girlfriend called me from Alberta , on her way to a cropnight and I felt so lonely.... missing her, my old home and cropping at my fav scrapbook store!! I love living here ( sooooo much fresh air and peace and quiet, life is  just so laid back..... what more could I ask for????) but I do miss Urban Scrapbook, Treasured Memories and Creative Scrapbooks ,my top 3 in Edmonton and I especially miss my girlfriends there, too!!  So after feeling a little sad , I pulled out some of my photos that I've taken since I moved back and I was instantly reminded why we came home. Plus , it RAINED  so hard this weekend.... the perfect excuse to stay inside!

I finished up quite a few layouts I had been working on .... they were starting to pile up!!!.... and managed to get a few more done!!! What a feeing of accomplishment!!! :)


I love the diecut dp from BoBunny... those colors are amoung my favorites right now. I covered the flower on the paper with a gorgeous Prima flower and I used a Hambly overlay over the kids photo. I played around with stickers and stamps for my title, and that was it!!! Very quick!!



 I colored the chipboard word "love" in Black Pearl metallic paint. The brackets are stamped in black and cutout and the diecut shape below is from Cindy Loo Cricut cartridge and is also inked up in black and stamped ( have no idea the name of this stamp.... it's one of my bargain bin finds!!!). The bingo diecut is from Jenni Bowlin designs, which I had purchased with a kids Valentine layout in mind , but I never actually put to any use until now. The papers are from Stampin Up's  Love Letter DSP.



This layout uses mainly papers and stamps from SU with the exception of the "Favorite" word. Again, I bought this for scrapbooking but it hasn't seen any ink until this weekend!!! Now that I've used it , I see so many possibilities!!!  I scrunched up some dp and then stitched it in place for a paper ribbon. The flower is a digi stamp from SU , which I colored and then applied a thin layer of gold paper glaze to it and then Stickles to the center.

I'm on a bit of a stitching kick these days.... and there lots of it here! Each strip is stitched in red and then the whole page is stitched in white ( my sewing machine sees more use now that I use it for scrappin' !). This is a Simply Scrappin' kit from SU.... I've had it since December . I hope to get a few more layouts done with it.

I found these tags, epoxy accents, paper pad and more from ColorBok's Friendly Forest collection on clearance at Michaels last spring , but it got packed away for the move. It took me so long to find all my crafting stuff and I only recently found this!!! I made a 2-page layout of a recent hike my kids and I did.


I used vellum adhesive for the quote blocks and then stiched them a bit with SU linen thread to keep them secure . The epoxy accents/ buttons are attached with a few brads. I added a journalling block and eventually I'll get arount to added some words to it!!!!

We went on a hike  during the Feather and Folk Festival on June 4th which was hosted by International Applachia Trails group . The hike was about 2 hours on the Starlight Trail on the Table mountains near my hometown  and it was such a perfect day to hike... beautiful views everwhere!!! The kids loved it and we are already planning to go again ,soon! The title was custom designed using my Gypsy and Cricut. Since the patterned papers were only 5X7 in size, I decided to not trim  them but, rather, to make the layout work around their size. I still have lots left over from this collection .... maybe I'll make a few cards with it!

So, these are some of the completed pages.... I still have several partially done.... another rainy day project!!!! Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon!! Until next time... happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment