Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sympathy Card ( SOS challenge 66)

Wow! I can't believe that August is almost over and the kids are back to school next week! While it will be nice for our household to settle into a routine again, I sure am gonna miss those lazy days of summer! But... back to school means means more time for me to get some crafting done!! I have to get started on planning my first card class of the fall , plus , I need to get a few cards made to bring to a local store .I haven't done very much this summer, so I'm gonna need all the help I can get!!!
This week I'm playing along with Shopping Our Stash's challenge : Use Your Favorite Things.  My favorite things that I love using are flowers and ribbon, which I've used both for this sympathy card.....



 
 
I found a tutorial on how to make paper calla lilies on YouTube and just had to make them! They were so easy. I colored the tip of my floral stems with a yellow Copic marker and then added yellow Stickles to make them pop.I could not get the three flowers to stay together , so I used floral tape ( I wrapped a paper floral stem with it,too) to bind the three lilies together and then added a organdy bow. I love the soft  color combo  of grey and yellow.
The sentiemnt is CTMH's : card chatter - Sympathy
 
Here's the inside.......
 
 
 
 
I used a sympathy verse from a Verve stamp set called Forever In Our Hearts. I used a Spellbinders Labels die front and inside of my card... to get the slightly bigger mat for the outside, I traced the die and then handcut it, as I don't have the die that cuts slightly bigger.
 
Well, that's my card.....thanks for stopping by!!! I appreciate your kind comments!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment