Friday, January 21, 2011

Symapthy Cards: Thanks For Caring/ Lovely as a Tree

Hello all! I like to have an assortment of all occasion cards on hand, just in case, but I rarely have any sympathy cards. A handmade card  lets a loved one or a friend/ neighbour know that you are thinking about them during those difficult times.

Here's the first card:


For this card I used SU! reinkers mixed with Ranger's blending solution to make my own alcohol inks and sponged them on glossy cardstock to create a sunset background. I stamped the image from Live With Passion with black Stazon to prevent the image from smudging. I wanted to keep the card fairly plain so I just used a texture plate for a subtle effect on the card base. I hand cut around the sentiment, Thanks For Caring, and popdoted it to the card.
Materials used:
Live With Passion/ Thanks For Caring stamp sets
Pumpkin Orange , Basic Black ,Glossy White,Whisper White cardstock/ ink
Summer Sun, Barely Banana , Pumpkin Pie reinkers
Ranger alcohol blending solution/ Stazon inkpad
watercolor pen ( used on sentiment)
dimensionals
pearl accent
Corner Ticket punch
Sizzix texture plates/ Bigshot



Here's the second card I made:


The Lovely As A Tree set is so versatile, it's a must have in my stamproom! For this card I pulled out some retired DSP for the background. Everything is, once again, very clean and simple.The sentiment is from Thoughts and Prayers, another one of my go-to sets. When I folded the corner of the DSP I didn't really like the other side so I covered it with Crumb Cake cs .
Materials used:
Thoughts And Prayers & Lovely As A Tree  stamp sets
DSP - retired from 09/10 IBC
Always Artichoke/ Crumb Cake cardstock / ink
Linen thread
Button ( unknown source)
Decorative Label punch
Scallop oval die/ Bigshot

Both cards fit easily inside SU! medium square envelopes. The first measures 5"X5" and the
 second is 5.25" X  5.25."


Thanks for looking! Have a great day!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment