Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Valentine Treat Holder: Greeting Card Kids / Grateful Greetings

Hello everyone!! Since I've been making several Valentines cards , I figured I'd make some treat holders, too. I played around with the mini scallop enevelope die and came up with this little treat holder. It's the perfect size for a small package of tissues or some yummy goodies.


I folded a piece of Ruby Red cardstock in half and ran it through my Bigshot and then embossed it.  I used a Sizziz folder ( have no idea of the name of it, though!) cause I really love the swirly pattern !! I scored about 1/8 " from the center fold  at the bottom of the treat holder so it would stand up. I adhered the flaps ( on the side) to hold it all together! The Greeting Card Kids stamp set has this adorable little girl, which I simply colored with the Stampin' pastels ( haven't used those in  sooooo long!) and then cut out and adhered to a oval shape. I goofed up when I  stamped my sentiment(Grateful Greetings) a bit crooked, but otherwise , I really liked how it turned out!
Oh, and the heart that the little girl is holding is actually punched from the three hearts punch ( from the gorgeous Glimmer paper!!) and glued over the existing heart.  A band made with the pinking heart border punch finishes this little holder up. I think I'm gonna play around with this envelope die to see what else I can come up with!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment